Receive up to 3.300 € for your new job

Looking to start a job or a traineeship with social impact in the EU? Are you between 18 and 30 years old? Apply now to receive a grant.

Who can apply

Anybody between 18 and 30 years who is moving to Austria or from Austria to another EU member state to start a paid job or traineeship with social impact.


Diana, 21, from Italy, moves to Vienna for 6 months to do a paid internship with a nonprofit organisation taking care of homeless people.

Robert, 27, from Austria, moves to Berlin for a minimum of 12 months for a full time paid job with a nonprofit organisation raising awareness for children’s rights.

Both Diana and Robert are eligible to receive their traveling costs refunded as well as a relocation allowance.

What you get

Travel costs

max. 1.500 €
(depending on distance)

Relocation allowance

max. 1.800 €
(depending on the duration of your employment)

How to apply


Find a paid job or traineeship

There are many different job boards with social impact. In order to be eligible you must find a full time paid job or traineeship.


Sign a work contract

The working conditions (salary, working hours etc.) must fulfill the minimum legal standards and comply with the labour law of the host country.


Apply for a grant

Write to our project coordinator Alexandra Mojedano,, to apply for a grant.


Our funding programme is financed by the European Solidarity Corps (ESC). Therefore employments which strenghten solidarity in Europe are eligible for funding. The official definition by the ESC is as follows:

Any occupation, regardless of whether it is one requiring high skilled workers or low-skilled workers, and regardless of the sector it belongs to, can be regarded as a solidarity-related activity provided the nature and/or scope of that particular activity reflects a clear desire to commit to the common good and serve others.

European Solidarity Corps Guide 2020,

We found the term “social impact” to be appropiate to describe the scope of our programme. If you are in doubt whether your job or traineeship fits this description please contact us.

No. Only paid jobs or traineeships according to the national labour law of the host country fall within the scope of our funding programme. Volunteer work, even if you receive some kind of salary / allowance is unfortunately not eligible.

Unfortunately we are not able to support you if you are doing a mandatory internship within your educational curriculum.

Part-time positions are generally eligible. However, there is no clear definition of part-time in this EU funding program. Everything from 30 hours a week will probably qualify as part-time, everything below that is questionable. If you are starting a part-time position and would like to receive a grant from us, simply contact us and we will look at your case in detail.

If you are not sure, please send us a copy of your employment contract so we can review it.

The minimum duration for an internship is 2 months. For a job it is 3 months.

If you are not sure about it, please send us a copy of your working contract and we will have look for you.

No. The funding does not have to be taxed.

The Job or traineeship must be completed in one of the following countries:

European Union: Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain , Czech Republic, Hungary, Cyprus

Program countries outside the EU: Iceland, North Macedonia, Turkey, Liechtenstein

Yes. We want to encourage employers to recruit young people from other EU countries. Thats why we support with up to 300 € covering your administrative expenses. You are eligible for our funding programme if
a) your organisation is based in Austria and you are recruiting a person between 18 and 30 from another EU country
b) your organisation is based in the EU and you are recruiting a person between 18 and 30 which is moving from Austria to start a new job or traineeship.

If you are traveling with a means of transport for which you have received a ticket, please keep the ticket in a safe place. We need it to apply for a travel allowance.

If you are arriving by car, please keep your fuel receipts. If you are only a passenger, we also need some form of receipt for the journey. Be it the confirmation of the online platform through which you booked your trip or the fuel receipts.

No, you do not have to.

Nevertheless, it is definitely worth taking a look at if you are currently looking for a job or internship.

Apply now

Alexandra Mojedano, Project Manager

If you have any questions contact Alexandra at
+43 660 1195 972
or contact us quickly and easily via Signal or WhatsApp